Tip to Increasing Web Presence
10 Quick Tips to Increasing Web Presence
This pocket guide will help you in increasing web presence. Most of a website’s traffic is generated from search engines; so follow these tips as you develop your website to ensure maximum search engine exposure.
- • Focus on search optimization through keyword focused Meta Tags. Meta Tags include your Page Title, Heading and WebPage Description. Include your WebPage keywords in these tags. Keep your Page Title under 70 characters and your Description concise. The simple the language, the better.
- • Focus on good quality content on your WebPages. Your content must be informational and add value to your reader’s experience. Focus on your human visitor and then go back and tweak your content to include your keywords. Don’t do anything that comes at the expense of your human visitor’s experience.
- • Focus on making your home page keyword rich and concise. In addition, establish your credibility and purpose immediately. Your visitor should know your website’s purpose immediately upon landing on your WebPage. If you have an eCommerce business, include a few pictures of your product on the home page (not too many however).
- • Keep image usage and flash technology to a minimum. Large images cause WebPages to download very slowly. Additionally, they add very little value, if any, to search engines. Particularly, flash technology may look good to the eyes, but search engine spiders ignore this when crawling your website. Make it easy for search engines to find you.
- • If you are a local business, make sure you make that clear on your home page. In addition, focus on local keywords in your search optimization efforts. For example, if you own a dry cleaning business, you want to include your city’s name in your keyword focused content. You want to attract as many visitors from your locality as possible.
- •Create a sitemap and submit your website to search engines and directories immediately. Search Google for free search engine and directory submission services. There are paid services available as well. However try to find as many free resources before you consider paying. If you are using SBI to create your website, you will be able to instantly generate a sitemap file and automate the search engine submission process by clicking one button. SBI also has a list of free directories where you can submit your site for instant inclusion and search engine exposure.
- • In addition to directory listings, contact similar but non-competing businesses in your industry and offer to exchange links them. Search engines like to see traffic referred to you by other credible websites. The more sites you have pointing to you, the more likely your traffic will increase. SBI automates this process for you as well by matching your website with websites that are using similar keywords and phrases that you can send automated eMails to. Try to streamline this process as much as you can.
- • Monitor your traffic and tweak your website according to your visitor behavior. If you are not getting search engine exposure, further optimize your Meta Tags and content and continue to monitor traffic results. If you are not using a program like SBI, it is difficult to gauge whether you have the right keyword density in your WebPage’s body, or if your page is as optimized as it can be. SBI has a search optimization function built in, which tells you when your WebPage is fully optimize. It will tell you exactly what you need to do to fully optimize each page.
- • Periodically update your website add fresh content. You can expand your website or create an extension of it like a Blog or a Forum where you can add posts and start discussions to generate further content. This will not only add more content to your website but also engage your visitors and encourage them to participate actively. When your visitors start to participate, your content further multiplies.
- • Leverage the power of article marketing. Write an expert article on your website’s topic and post it on an article submission site (also known as article banks). Ezine Articles and Buzzle are two very popular article submission services. You will often notice that your article spreads throughout the Internet as other article banks find it and include it in their databases as well. Include a link to your website in your Author profile and you should see traffic increase from your efforts.
Increasing web presence is simple but certainly not easy. I hope these 10 tips made sense and that you use it to expedite your success on the Internet.
Download this excellent Effective Writing course for Free!
In fact, you are welcome to offer it on your website or Blog for free as well so that your readers can benefit from this great Effective Writing course.